A more gentle approach
Therapeutic massage can be uncomfortable, even painful. Sometimes that's necessary but it's definitely not our favorite way to give or receive bodywork.
Nor is it the ONLY way to achieve the results you're looking for.
We believe excellent results can be achieved with a more gentle approach. Our combination of deep tissue and cupping in each session gives your muscles the compression, stripping and stretching you associate with a massage along with the fascial relaxation benefits of cupping.
We're here to work WITH your body, not beat it into submission. And we think you'll appreciate our approach.
Meet the Team
Effective massage and cupping therapies require a solid foundation and ongoing education and support. Fortunately, we work with the best..
American Massage Therapy Association
The American Massage Therapy Association (AMTA) is the largest non-profit, professional association serving massage therapists, massage students and massage schools. It is the most trusted and respected name in massage therapy.
- AMTA provides our members with the strongest benefits in the massage therapy profession.
- We promote the health benefits of massage to the public, the health care community and other important groups.
- We work for fair licensing of massage in all states, and actively support research.
- Your voice is heard in AMTA as we are governed by massage therapists.
- We provide a wealth of local and national networking and continuing education opportunities.
To serve AMTA members while advancing the art, science and practice of massage therapy.
- We are a diverse and nurturing community working with integrity, respect and dignity.
- We are a nonprofit member-driven organization of ethical professionals.
- We embrace consistency in education.
- We endorse professional standards.
- We affirm and promote the benefits of massage therapy as validated by research.
Sharlene Hansen, LMT, CNMT, CCT
The human body fascinates me, leaves me in awe, really. It's a wondrous melding of ingenuity and artistry engineered to be self-sustaining and self-renewing in a world that can be physically punishing.
No-two people are the same, thus no-two massages are the same. The source of your pain may not be the same as someone else's and that's where the fun begins-unraveling the mysteries of your particular musculoskeletal system.
My style of bodywork goes beyond just kneading muscles with a routine protocol. Together you and I will discuss your type of work, habits, posture, accidents, shoes, sleeping position, etc., to discover not only the muscle group that is causing your pain but hopefully the movements that caused the pain in the first place.
It's my passion and my honor to help people find relief from their pain. I look forward to working with you.
International Cupping Therapy Association
Please visit ICTA's website at www.cuppingtherapy.org where you'll find a wealth of information about cupping, its history, applications, contraindications, etc.